Friday 20 May 2016

Primary and Secondary Research

For this project the research was very important it helped me get better understanding of the topic and how to make a film that doesn't sound fake.
When I did my secondary research it really helped me look at different types of monologues and how to write and good one. As this was a very important part of my film and the monologue had to be perfect. With the secondary research it also helped to get a good understanding of really life stories from people who suffer from mental health problems like suicide and depression. The two books were the key to this, when reading them it really helped me get the monologue to its best. I also decided to look at the stats of suicide in UK, I found this difficult to look at because I found out the rates were higher than I thought. Espacillay as the ages we're from 15 and older, this deffanity proved my point that suicide is a big problem and it needs to be talked about.

When it came to me doing my primary research it was a little more difficult because I was making a film about suicide I had to be more carful with what I do. I had to make sure I was considerate of people and there feelings, this is why I didn't do a survey. I felt like it could come across as inconsiderate and rude. I knew I could of done one but I wouldn't of been able to ask the questions I wanted to also I knew the answers weren't gaining to be yes or no answer. So instead decided I would do a focus group. This was a very important for me to do because I was able to ask the questions that would have longer answers also when I was doing this focus group you go see the emotion and hear the emotion, I know I wouldn't of got that with a survey. Plus from doing the focus I found out what sort of film people would like to watch.

Overall my research has really helped me with getting a better understanding of what sort of film I will make. I have a good understanding of what sort of monologue I should write and what scenes I shot film.    

No comments:

Post a Comment