Wednesday 1 June 2016

Filming and Editing the clips for the Monologue

For this film I want the audience to see the character sat at his desk writing his letter. So I decided when you hear the monologue you will see shots of him at his desk writing. I didn't just want it to be shots of the camera on the tripod so I used the dolly to get tracking shots. I did this because I knew it would look better and I also I wanted to experiment with the dolly and see what sort of shots I can get.
For the editing process of the clips I started by adding adding 'Warp Stabilizer' I did this because I wanted the shots to be smooth and have good motion, the floor in the stdio was smooth however there are a few bumps so sometimes the stabilizer didn't work. So i had to take it of for a clips which is fine because I still feel like they look good. The other big thing I change with these clips was the colour. The bulb that was in the light gave of a warmer tone which I didn't wanted. I used 'Three-way Colour Corrector' for this. I feel like I was able to get the colours that I wanted. I know that changing the colours really helped with the mood of the film. I was able to make it look more dark but also have a more natural look.  


Before Colour Corrector                                            After Colour Corrector

No comments:

Post a Comment