Thursday 31 March 2016

Reflection on Units 1-7




Units 1,2,3 media Pass Port
For the first three units we covered and range of moving image, Interactive and theory work.
From doing this work I learnt how to create a story and how to make it interesting. this is because we had to create a silent film. I also learnt a lot about recording audio which has helped throughout other projects.
In these units of work I also learnt a little bit about interactive and animation. We had to create info graphics and basic animations. I know this wont me for my FMP as I am creating a short film.
For the theory side of these units we learnt how to conduct Primary and Secondary research. This is going to be very useful for my FMP as I will need to make sure I have strong research and also the theory parts helped with my writing which again will be needed for my FMP

Unit 4
This unit was based around the theory side of media. Throughout this unit we learnt new terms and meanings. We learnt about advertising campaigns we also had to create one of are own piece of advertising. For my piece I looked at health eating and created a posted about muffins and their recipe. We also looked at focus group and how to create one. This will come in good use in my FMP as I will need to do lots of research.

Unit 5
This unit of work was based around audio. This was a shorter unit. The main goal was to create two promo videos that would put on our Instagram's. I decided to make a promo video for the Bath Abbey, for this video I focused more on the camera shot then added music in over the top. For my second video I recorded a music in the studio. This video had a bigger look at audio as this is a audio unit. This unit will some what help with my FMP as it was another unit of practising my skills.  

Unit 6
This was a publishing unit where we looked at website design. We were tasked to design a website around a project of our choice, we had to create a home and product page for computers and mobile. I decided to use my Bose headphones as my product. I really enjoyed this unit I was able to use my photoshop skills that I learnt form doing my photography A-Level. I also learnt new skills like how to create a skeleton outline for a website. This unit wont really help with my FMP but I know it will help next year when I want to design publishing pieces for my films.

Unit 7
This unit was based around animation we had to create a sort animation about popcorn. We had to use buttons to make it more interactive. I didn't enjoy this unit as much as the others because animation is something that I'm mot really interested in. How ever I am happy that I learnt a new program, which I might have to use at some point in the future.    

No comments:

Post a Comment