Monday 14 December 2015

Directional Style


When i think of my self as a director i think of myself as someone who doesn't stick to the script word of word I'm someone who lets the actors have say if they think something is working or if it needs to be cut. When I'm making a film I want to see the characters grown.



When it comes to directing I take a lot of inspiration from Quentin Tarantino and how he lets his scenes play out. I think this is a really good way of directing because you allow the actors to run with the scene and if they go off script you carry on filming and see what it looks like.

Another director I take inspiration from is Kathryn Bigelow she directed  big block busters like The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty. She is able to make the interesting serious films. When I watch her films I like how she has taken on these very masculine movies and creates amazing films.

I also really like Steven Spielberg and how me produces his film. I find his films are always very polished and clear. You get a clear understanding of what sort of director and producer he his.

From looking at these three people I have a good idea of how I will produce and direct my film. I want the characters to really feel who they are playing but I want them to run with what ever happens in the scene. I also want people to think of it as a serious film with interesting and unique characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment