Monday 2 November 2015

GIF


I created this Gif using photoshop and Photo Booth on the Mac. I started of by taking photos in Photo Both. I drew each letter then took a photo. When I put the photos into Photoshop I was able to create the Gif, using the Timeline feature. This allows me to put each layer in order then crete a continues loop, which creates the Gif. With the Timeline feature I was able to change the speed of how quickly it moves form each layer. This is important because I want to make sure the audience is able to read what I wrote on the paper. When creating something like this were the background is constantly moving it can affect the overall piece. However I do like how the background is changing, as there isn't a lot of movement so its not too distracting.

Gif (Graphics Interchange Format) are being used a lot in all different types of media. Clothing companies are using them on their websites to show off their products. Social media is another example of how Gif are becoming more popular, Tumblr is one of the most popular places to show your Gif's.  
The only issue I had with my Gif is the speed I wasn't able to get the speed I wanted. I had to use 0.1 second gap between images because a 0.2 second gap was to long and the Gif felt slow. Also I would have liked to made the smiley face in parts like I did with the letters.



1 comment: